Summary: Under the supervision of the Purchasing Manager, the Buyer analyzes customer demand of products, initiates actions to procure needed materials, recommends schedule maintenance, expedites product as needed, manages data file for suppliers and pricing, and performs other routine purchasing duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Researches inventory records to determine if parts on hand are in sufficient or excess quantities; develops action plans to rebalance the demand versus supply position.
- Performs schedule maintenance based on an analysis of the information contained in the Facts Purchasing System.
- Maintains appropriate records to support material acquisition decision and to perform related analyses as needed.
- Performs such other tasks and special projects as may be assigned from time to time by the unit manager.
- Use a combination of internal tools and reports, while communicating with CRM and suppliers, to effectively expedite the delivery of product.
- Manage SRN’s with assigned catalog product group to enable a timely disposition of non-conforming product.
- Manage cost accountability process related to assigned catalog group(s).
- Process Corrective Actions related to assigned job duties.
- Manage and process PPAP’s and PPW’S.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Adaptability – Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures; processes, requirements or cultures.
- Building Strategic Working Relationships – Developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Energy – Consistently maintaining high levels of activity or productivity; sustaining long working hours when necessary; operating with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Upholds organizational values.
- Innovation - Generating innovative solutions in work situations; trying different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities
- Managing Work (includes Time Management) – Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Negotiation – Effectively exploring alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Quality Orientation – Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Technical/professional Knowledge & Skills – having achieved a satisfactory level of technical & professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
A Bachelors degree with 2-5 years of experience is desired and /or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, procedures manuals and contracts. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups or customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentage and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Design software; Human Resource systems and Microsoft software.
- Word, Excel, Outlook/email, and Power point
- Qualiware home to internal processes
- Employee Self Serve (ESS)
- Bad Inventory Report (BIR)
- Bossard Quality System (BQS)
- Carma tool to expedite incoming PO’s
- FACTS main system used to place orders
- QLR tool used to get various reports
- TSExcell tool used to get various reports
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities require by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment can range from quiet to moderate.
How to Apply?
6521 Production Dr.
Cedar Falls, IA 50613