Summary: Satisfy customer needs by providing products and services through phone sales and order processing. Servicing existing accounts and soliciting new customers while maintaining corporate established profit goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Understand the Bossard, Inc. Quality Policy and apply to job duties.
- Receive incoming sales calls.
- Use effective phone communication skills.
- Maintain and apply product knowledge through catalogs, inter-office meetings, and sales and product training.
- Maintain a satisfactory level of computer operating skills including data entry, spreadsheets, Word documents and the ability to navigate the Internet.
- Maintain a working knowledge of inter-office telecommunication tools.
- Provide customers with sales information, value-added services, and new products, as they become available.
- Process quotations for customer’s new project Bill of Materials.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret specifications, customer drawings, and schematics.
- Weekly review of customer’s forecasts and provide purchasing with the information to enter, expedite or cancel purchase orders based on customer’s needs.
- Interact with Purchasing and Quality departments to ensure an efficient flow of sales transactions.
- Daily processing of products, which are transferred to International locations in order to support Customer VMI programs.
- Follow corporate-established quality control guidelines as they relate to contract review, pricing, gage requirements, and packaging of products.
- Provide technical assistance to customers through interaction with Territory Managers, vendors, and sales representatives.
- Interact with the Purchasing and Shipping and Quality departments to insure an efficient flow of customer service transactions.
- Interact with the Accounting department in establishing new customer accounts and addressing credit issues.
- Respond to factory sales leads.
- Be familiar with the proper routing of rejected material paperwork.
- Aid in the development of new customers and business through interaction with Territory Managers and the manufacturer’s sales representatives.
- Aid other departments in new sales forecasting, product review, and inventory planning as required.
- Understand Quality System Procedures and Requirements.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in relation to the company’s product offering and services performed by Bossard, Inc.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Adaptability – Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures; processes, requirements or cultures.
- Energy – Consistently maintaining high levels of activity or productivity; sustaining long working hours when necessary; operating with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Upholds organizational values.
- Innovation - Generating innovative solutions in work situations; trying different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities
- Managing Work (includes Time Management) – Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Quality Orientation – Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration/Marketing from four-year college or university; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, an decimals. Ability to compute rate and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram from. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of
- Excel, Word
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Current driver’s license
Other Skills and Abilities
- Overall performance in the development and support of accounts
- Ability to communicate in Spanish or other foreign language as needed
Must be able to travel
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of his job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; and talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristic described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work conditions are normal office setting conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
How to Apply?
6521 Production Dr.Cedar Falls, IA 50613