Summary: To quickly and precisely assemble all kits with required components, as indicated per the bill of material, in association with the current delivery schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Review all paperwork provided, to confirm build quantity and revision level of the assembly prior to starting assembly process
- Review the corresponding work instructions for each kit, confirming all revision level(s), and directions
- Check all of the required component materials, for proper revision level(s) and quantities
- Assemble first kit per said work instructions, and have it inspected by fellow assembler for accuracy, prior to continuing with the build process
- Assemble the balance of the order quantity in a timely fashion
- Assure all applicable labels are applied as required, and in the proper location
- Upon completion, provide supervisor the related paperwork, and have completed materials moved to designated area.
- Put away product by scanning TU and accept for put away, proceed to put away location
- General housekeeping of warehouse & equipment
- Perform other related duties for the management team, as required
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work, tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Applied Learning – Assimilating and applying new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Energy – Consistently maintaining high levels of activity or productivity; sustaining long working hours when necessary; operating with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Upholds organizational values.
- Initiating Action – Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Managing Work (includes Time Management) – Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Quality Orientation – Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Safety Awareness – Being aware of conditions that affect employee safety.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months to one year related experience and /or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate and percent.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of
- Storage Management System (SMS)
- Qualiware home to internal processes
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Current driver’s license
- Forklift operator’s license
Other Skills and Abilities
- Bar Code Scanner Knowledge
- Bolt Gauge Knowledge
- Change forklift batteries
- Conduct forklift safety audit
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to walk and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities require by the this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level is the work environment is usually loud.
6521 Production Dr
Cedar Falls, IA 50613