Summary: Under the supervision of the Purchasing staff, the Purchasing Assistant will assist the Buyers with actions to procure needed materials, expediting product as needed, reviewing vendor confirmations, and performing other routine purchasing duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Tracking issues with specific vendors and communicating findings to buyers.
- Use a combination of internal tools and reports to effectively expedite the delivery of product.
- Upload company inventory details weekly
- Run end of month reporting and update internal documents
- Review purchase order confirmations from vendors and resolve and errors
- Contact vendors for late orders or request tracking numbers.
- Acquire material certs from suppliers.
- Performs such other tasks and special projects as may be assigned from time to time by the unit manager.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Adaptability – Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures; processes, requirements or cultures.
- Building Strategic Working Relationships – Developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Energy – Consistently maintaining high levels of activity or productivity; sustaining long working hours when necessary; operating with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Upholds organizational values.
- Managing Work (includes Time Management) – Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Quality Orientation – Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
One-year certificate from college or technical school; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals. Ability to write reports & business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of mangers, clients, customers and general public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram from. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer/System Skills: Intermediate skill level in excel, word, outlook and email.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of his job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands & arms, and walk, talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to walk, talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust.
The work environment characteristic described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work conditions are normal office setting conditions. The noise level in the work environment can range from quiet to moderate.
How to Apply?
6521 Production Dr.Cedar Falls, IA 50613