Summary: Complete testing and inspection of products according to Customer requirements by performing the following listed essential duties and responsibilities. Performs internal Quality System auditing as assigned by the Quality Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs mechanical and dimensional inspections and evaluations of products according to individual product specifications.
- Reviews laboratory reports for completeness and accuracy and for test characteristics such as strength, hardness, and quality of products.
- Promotes good will among departments to facilitate synergy of activities resulting in increased business and Customer value.
- Perform basic computer functions in regard to Quality System operations
This job has no supervisory responsibilities
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work, tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Applied Learning – Assimilating and applying new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Contributing to Team Success – Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team towards the completion of goals.
- Energy – Consistently maintaining high levels of activity or productivity; sustaining long working hours when necessary; operating with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Upholds organizational values.
- Managing Work (includes Time Management) – Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Quality Orientation – Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Safety Awareness – Being aware of conditions that affect employee safety.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Must be a full-time student at either a 2 or 4-year college or university; or two years related experience and/or training; must be an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram from. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of
- Excel, Word
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Current driver’s license
Other Skills and Abilities
- Bolt Gauge Knowledge
- ISO Standards
- read and interpret blueprints including geometric dimensioning and tolerance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
How to Apply?
6521 Production Dr.
Cedar Falls, IA 50613