Summary Supervises and coordinates activities of workers concerned with receiving small package inbound and packaging product by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Advises employees on care and preservation of items received, methods and use of equipment in handling, storing, and maintaining stock and related problems
- Reviews records for accuracy of information and compliance with established procedures
- Determine work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow
- Issues written and oral instructions
- Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates
- Maintains harmony among workers and resolves grievances
- Adjusts errors and complaints
Directly supervises pick/put away employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and discipline employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Building a Successful Team using appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive team; facilitating the completion of team goals
- Decision Making identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available fact, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Upholds organizational values.
- Managing Conflict dealing effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Planning and Organizing establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Stress Tolerance maintaining stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
- Work Standards setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Safety Awareness – Being aware of conditions that affect employee safety.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, an decimals. Ability to compute rate and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram from. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of
- Storage Management System (SMS)
- Quick Fix warehouse tool to receive product
- Qualiware home to internal processes
- Employee Self Serve (ESS)
- Excel, Word
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Current driver’s license
Other Skills and Abilities
- Bar Code Scanner Knowledge
- Bolt Gauge Knowledge
- Scale Knowledge/weigh counts
- Change forklift batteries
- Conduct safety audit
- Personnel Management Skills
Must be able to travel 5% of the time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level is the work environment is usually moderate.
How to Apply?
6521 Production Dr.
Cedar Falls, IA 50613