Summary: Bossard Inc. is seeking an energetic Receptionist/HR Assistant. This is an entry level position and a great opportunity to learn from a seasoned HR team. The Receptionist/HR Assistant will support the HR staff though assigned administrative tasks and projects. They will support the company though providing a positive first impression of Bossard by greeting visitors warmly in person or via the phone.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Welcomes on-site visitors, determines the nature of the business, and announces visitor to appropriate personnel.
- Provide administrative support to HR Staff through assigned tasks and projects.
- Maintains the timekeeping system daily, ensuring that all missed punches are updated, and time is entered accurately.
- Assist in the management of ordering and maintaining Tee shirts (uniforms) for warehouse staff.
- Conference room calendars – book reservations and notify people of conflicts or overlaps as needed.
- Orders supplies for the office, kitchen, conference room and others upon request.
- Creates and print fax cover sheets, memos, correspondence, reports and other documents when necessary.
- Performs other clerical duties as needed; such as, filing, photocopying, and collating.
- Receives and signs for incoming shipments from DHL and FedEx and distributes.
- Receives, sorts, and routes incoming mail and prepares outgoing mail to be sent. Opens and sorts mail for accounting and maintains postage meter.
- Creates export papers daily for all accounts as needed.
- Orders food for meetings and takes care of set-up and take-down from the meal.
- Assists with special events i.e.: potlucks, fund raisers, and parties.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work, tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Applied Learning – Assimilating and applying new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Energy – Consistently maintaining high levels of activity or productivity; sustaining long working hours when necessary; operating with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Upholds organizational values.
- Initiating Action – Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Managing Work (includes Time Management) – Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Quality Orientation – Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
To perform this job successfully and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
One year certificate from college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals. Ability to write reports & business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of mangers, clients, customers and general public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram from. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer/System Skills: Intermediate skill level in excel, word, outlook and email.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of his job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands & arms, and walk, talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to walk, talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust.
The work environment characteristic described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work conditions are normal office setting conditions. The noise level in the work environment can range from quiet to moderate
How to Apply?
6521 Production Dr.
Cedar Falls, IA 50613