Summary: Achievement of all company sales objectives for the geographical territory and vertical markets, established by the company, including territory sales revenue, market and/or key account penetration and profitability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop New Accounts/Business in accordance with the company directives.
- Communicate when applicable with the BDM Administrator, Technical Sales People, Purchasing, Engineering and Quality to ensure that customer requirements are communicated and understood.
- Communicate and interact with other Sales People on cross territorial accounts and/or projects.
- Develop knowledge of all potential accounts within the territory, including market information, competitor information, products and processes.
- Develop effective working relationships with all key customers within the territory.
- Develop a minimum of $1 million in new business opportunities per year.
- Identify territory market needs, purchasing trends and economic conditions.
- Submit all required reports on time to the Director of Business Development.
- Develop a Territory Plan to support the growth expectations.
- Participate in training as required or directed.
- Submits a monthly expense report to the Director of Business Development.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Building Trust - Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
- Communication - Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Customer Focus - Making customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
- Follow-up - Monitoring the results of delegations, assignments, or projects, considering the skills, knowledge, and experience of the assigned individual and the characteristics of the assignment or project.
- Planning and Organizing - Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Sales Ability/Persuasiveness – using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of product, service, or idea from prospects and clients.
- Energy – Consistently maintaining high levels of activity or productivity; sustaining long working hours when necessary; operating with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Upholds organizational values.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Four year certificate from college degree in Business, Marketing or Engineering preferred to Three - Five years sales experience in the fastener industry and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, an decimals. Ability to compute rate and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram from. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of
- Bossard Systems
- Qualiware home to internal processes
- Employee Self Serve (ESS)
- Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Internet Outlook/email
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Current driver’s license
Other Skills and Abilities
- Strong consultative selling skills
- Mechanical or Technical Aptitude
Must be able to travel includes overnight stays.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of his job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristic described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work conditions are normal office setting conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
How to Apply?
6521 Production Dr.Cedar Falls, IA 50613