Summary: The SFL Development Director is responsible for promotion, pricing strategies, acquisition, development and penetration of Bossard Smart Factory Logistics Services in North America. You will be the internal and external evangelist for our industry leading SFL services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Acquire new customers and execute/administer implementation projects of Smart Factory Logistics Services at their facilities:
- Conduct value analysis to determine potential improvements and optimization of Customer’s supply chain
- Determine relevant Smart Factory Logistics System solutions in accordance with economic and technical constraints.
- Develop value proposition and implementation plans.
- Present and sell the solution to the Customer.
- Act as Project Manager for the implementation of Smart Factory Logistics Service
- Coordination of the various stakeholders
- Training of customers and suppliers, handover of systems to Account Management.
- Support of existing customers
- Customer service: works with regional teams to increase customer loyalty
- Expansion of Service and Penetration with other Bossard products.
- Support and assistance on solving process related problems, creating process flows at the customer’s site.
- Define and manage the relevant KPIs to demonstrate the benefit to the Customer in terms of service and total value add.
- Cooperation in further development of Smart Factory Logistics services
- Market research / definition of new services
- Cooperation in development of marketing material
- Advocate at relevant conferences, institutions and industry groups.
- Support of all Bossard Americas entities and Bossard Group liaison.
- Presenting and introduction of Smart Factory Logistics Services
- Know-How Transfer/Training
- Communication and support for Group HQ in Zug, Switzerland.
None initially but may change with department development. A strong dotted line to SFL associates in the various Bossard Americas business units and Regional Sales areas.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Several years’ practice selling software and/or other consultative solutions in B2B environment.
- Demonstrated success presenting to and closing sales with Sr. level executives
- Understanding lean manufacturing, supply chain, material flow principles
- Project management
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study or equivalent work experience.
- Experience selling Internet of Things (IoT) solutions as a service
- Knowledge of software pricing strategies including subscription models
- Experience in a manufacturing environment with a track record of implementing successful lean improvement projects
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentage and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situation where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft software and particularly spreadsheet applications. The selected candidate will be trained on other systems developed by the Bossard Group and expected to apply then in the SFL program.
- ARIMS – Replenishment software for SFL installations.
- FACTS – ERP software for order processing
- FT6 – An SFL design program for developing installation plans
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
None Required, however, candidates with Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Kaizen, etc. will be a bonus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities require by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment can range from quiet to moderate.
This position will require up to 75% travel including extensively in the US, MX and Canada, and some travel abroad.
How to Apply?
6521 Production Dr.Cedar Falls, IA 50613