Summary: The Territory Manager is responsible for profitable sales growth to an assigned account base, assigned territory, and the development of new accounts within that territory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Understand the Aero-Space Southwest Inc. Quality Policy and apply it to job duties
- Understand corporate policies per the Aero-Space Southwest, Inc. Employee Handbook
- Wok towards achieving the individual and assigned sales objectives.
- Work towards achieving the annual assigned gross profit objectives set by sales and management.
- Joint calls and meetings with our principals and suppliers with the intent to foster better relationships for Aero-Space Southwest, Inc., and to gain additional insight to the line and customer’s serviced.
- Prudent utilization of corporate travel and expense dollars.
- Be involved with customer credit issues when necessary.
- Pursue professional development through seminars, product training and related education.
- Maintain the highest level of character evidenced by sincere, honest and ethical behavior.
- Have a high degree of self-discipline and motivation, including organizational skills, persistence and leadership.
- Make daily calls on customers to sell products and provide services. Please see the following:
Types of customers:
- Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) they design and develop their own product.
- Contract manufactures, also known as “Job Shops” for electronic, electrical, and mechanical (or metal) manufacturing and fabrication. These customers typically build products as specified by their customers and seldom have design authority.
- Design Consultants who are typically contracted by OEM’s to aid in or perform new product development.
- The companies comprising these types of customers include, but are not limited to, these industries: Industrial Controls & Devices, Telecommunications, Computers and Peripheral Equipment, Medical Equipment, Aviation, Aerospace, Military/Government Electronics, Marine, Gaming, and consumer related products.
Frequency of calls:
- Contract Manufactures - as often as necessary depending upon actual or potential sales volume. A minimum of two calls per year should be made regardless of size.
- OEM’s - call frequency should be based on several criteria:
- Actual volume of products purchased.
- Potential business volume available.
- Engineering design activity within the account.
- New product offering relative to the customer’s needs.
- Design Consultants - as often as necessary based on design activity.
Customer Personnel to be called on:
- Contract Manufactures - purchasing personnel including management, manufacturing and product personnel and engineering personnel.
- OEM’s - purchasing personnel including management, mechanical, and electronic design engineers, component engineers, manufacturing engineers, production and quality assurance personnel.
- Design Consultants - personnel involved in the design of end customer products, including owners, management, and purchasing personnel.
Types of selling required:
- Creative Selling - emphasizing the needs of the customer. Efforts should be geared towards products that benefit the customer through improvements in manufacturing or product performance and/or cost reductions.
- Missionary Selling - introducing product lines to potential new customers. Calling prospects never previously contacted.
- Follow Up - calls made on accounts that have expressed interest in products for new designs or as an additional source for existing designs. This includes follow-up on quotes and sales leads.
- Continuous promotion of the established product lines and new lines.
- Effective handling and resolution of customer complaints either written or verbally.
- Joint sales calls with manufacturer's representatives or factory sales people as necessary.
- Participate in trade shows as required.
- Complete Daily Call Reports (DCR’s) and turn in weekly.
- Maintain Expense reports to be turned in monthly.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Adaptability – Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures; processes, requirements or cultures.
- Energy – Consistently maintaining high levels of activity or productivity; sustaining long working hours when necessary; operating with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Upholds organizational values.
- Innovation - Generating innovative solutions in work situations; trying different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities
- Managing Work (includes Time Management) – Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Quality Orientation – Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
4 year B.A. from a college or technical school; or 3 to 5 years of outside sales or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, an decimals. Ability to compute rate and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram from. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of
- Excel, Word
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Current driver’s licenses
Other Skills and Abilities
- Achievement of sales and profit goals by account
- Time management skills
- Sales skills
- Effective communications both internal and external customers
Must be able to travel
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of his job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; and talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristic described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work conditions are normal office setting conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
How to Apply?
6521 Production Dr.Cedar Falls, IA 50613