- Common application for shafts with grooves
- Use in assemblies subjected to strong centrifugal forces, and secured against high
- Rapid fitting or removal with circlip pliers
Shaft Retaining Solutions
At Bossard, we believe that our holistic view, Proven Productivity, is key to getting ahead with you, through developing solutions that are more efficient and cost-effective.
Shaft retaining solutions hold multiple types of assemblies together securely without threading or other machining processes. This results in lighter and smaller assemblies that reduce logistics expenses and shorten production times. The right use of shaft retaining solutions allows precise positioning, locating and retaining of parts on the shafts and in bores. Carbon steel, carbon spring steel, 302 and 316 stainless steel are typical materials used to produce retaining rings. Our diverse product portfolio is bound to encompass the right shaft retaining solution for your business. Listed below are some of our product solutions. The product images shown are for illustration purposes only.
To find out more about our product solutions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Used most commonly for bores with grooves
- Designed to have large free diameters and gap widths
- Fitted tightly into the groove and providing higher and more uniform thrust load capacity
- Designed to provide a large shoulder on a relatively small shaft diameter
- Stacked on rods for rapid installation to reduce assembly costs
- Designed for applications characterised by low thrust loadings