Summary: To assist the IT Manager with computer and software based needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Troubleshoot computer and network problems.
- Answer staff questions in person and via phone on all company supported application.
- Determine source of computer problems (hardware, software, user access, etc).
- Advise staff on appropriate actions.
- Perform hardware and software installations.
- Answer trouble tickets and provide end user support via helpdesk system.
- Maintain network printers and supplies.
- Setup and maintain warehouse label printers (Zebra and Datamax).
- General Helpdesk and other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work, tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements or cultures.
- Applied Learning – Assimilating and applying new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Energy – Consistently maintaining high levels of activity or productivity; sustaining long working hours when necessary; operating with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Upholds organizational values.
- Initiating Action – Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Managing Work (includes Time Management) – Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Quality Orientation – Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Safety Awareness – Being aware of conditions that affect employee safety.
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills – Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
One-year certificate from college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram from. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer/System Skills To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of:
- Windows OS proficiency (XP, 7, 10)
- MS Office suite
- MS Windows Server – Entry level
- Active Directory – Entry level
- MS Exchange Server – Entry level
- Basic network support: IP Configuration, routing,VPN, LAN, WiFi, etc.
- Label and document printing
- Helpdesk ticketing system
- Basic web and graphic design
- Understanding of RFID equipment (Teklogix and Motorola handheld scanners)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of his job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; and talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristic described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work conditions are normal office setting conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
6521 Production Dr
Cedar Falls, IA 50613