Summary: Responsible for the daily activities associated with their respective accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Verifies inventory and notifies Purchasing of customer orders that would deplete stock.
- Expedite internally to assure shipment of customer orders.
- Routes orders to departments for filling and follows up on orders to ensure delivery by specified dates.
- Informs shipping of packing or labeling requirements for customer shipments.
- Confers with shipping, warehouse, or common carrier personnel to provide proof of delivery requests from customers.
- Assist quality/purchasing on rejected parts.
- Monitors quality documentation and verifies that all pertinent documentation has been loaded into customer quality tracking system.
- Works with warehouse to assure parts are being delivered to operators work area.
- Assures parts are quoted by constant communication with purchasing.
- Kits/bags parts to fulfill customer orders.
- Assembles parts to fulfill customer orders.
- Operate Forklift.
- Reports department metrics to Manager.
- Manages department inventory for upcoming jobs.
- Maintains communication with Sales about order status.
- Other duties may be assigned.
This job has supervisory responsibilities as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work, tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Building Customer Loyalty – Effectively meeting customer needs; building productive customer relationships; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction.
- Communication – Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Contributing to Team Success – Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team towards the completion of goals.
- Initiating Action – Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Managing Work (includes Time Management) – Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
Education and/or Experience
Associate Degree and 1-2 years of customer relations experience is desired and /or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write reports & business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, employees of the organization, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate and percent. Ability to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram from. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have Intermediate knowledge of:
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
- Company specific programs
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Current valid driver’s license
- Current valid Forklift Operator license
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The Essential Duties and Responsibilities listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel may be required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk and sit. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities require by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristic described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work conditions are normal office setting conditions. The noise level in the work environment can range from moderate to loud.
6521 Production Dr
Cedar Falls, IA 50613