Summary: Directs and coordinates activities of workers engaged in moving and storing goods by performing duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Establishes operational procedures for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, packaging, handling and disposition of materials, and keeping warehouse inventory current.
- Maximize operational efficiencies using defined metrics continuously improving operational performance while optimizing both company and partner measures.
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Coordinate staffing and operational needs of all operations within assigned region in conjunction with HR including hiring, firing, performance appraisals, transfers, promotions and resolving any problems all within established company policies.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Prepare and implement action plans to ensure the warehouse achieves planned productivity targets.
- Coordinate with all department heads to effectively and efficiently communicate the needs of the company and its customers.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Design and implement operational and maintenance plan to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Develop and maintain current postings of Key Performance Indicators that pertain to the state of the warehouse.
- Use Lean Methodology, KPI’s and data analysis in the constant pursuit of cost reduction and efficiency in all areas of operations.
- Effectively perform and mentor direct reports on how to identify issues using the Root Cause Analysis method to identify the root cause of problems or events.
- Assist the VP, Operations in the strategic planning and major projects related to new or expanded locations.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and discipline employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Building a Successful Team - Using appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive team; facilitating the completion of team goals
- Decision Making - Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available fact, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Upholds organizational values.
- Managing Conflict - Dealing effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Planning and Organizing - Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Safety Awareness – Being aware of conditions that affect employee safety.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and five years related experience and/or training.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals. Ability to write reports & business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of mangers, clients, customers and general public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram from. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer/System Skills: Intermediate skill level in excel, word, outlook and email.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Current driver’s license
Other Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to travel 20% of the time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of his job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to: stand; use hands to fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands & arms and stoop, kneel, or crouch and walk, talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to walk, talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50-75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust.
The work environment characteristic described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regular exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
6521 Production Dr
Cedar Falls, IA 50613