Summary: Complete testing and inspection of products according to Customer requirements by performing the following listed essential duties and responsibilities. Performs internal Quality System auditing as assigned by the Quality Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs mechanical and dimensional inspections and evaluations of products according to individual product specifications.
- Reviews laboratory reports for completeness and accuracy and for test characteristics such as strength, hardness, and quality of products.
- Responsible for training of new lab personnel.
- Promotes good will among departments to facilitate synergy of activities resulting in increased business and Customer value.
- Perform basic computer functions in regard to Quality System operations.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Applied Learning - Assimilating and applying new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Contributing to Team Success - Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Energy - Consistently maintaining high levels of activity or productivity; sustaining long working hours when necessary; operating with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Upholds organizational values.
- Managing Work (includes Time Management) - Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Quality Orientation - Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Safety Awareness - Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals. Ability to write reports & business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of mangers, clients, customers and general public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram from. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer/System Skills: Intermediate skill level in excel, word, outlook and email.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of his job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands & arms, and walk, talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to walk, talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust.
The work environment characteristic described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work conditions are normal office setting conditions. The noise level in the work environment can range from quiet to moderate.
6521 Production Dr
Cedar Falls, IA 50613