Summary: Under the supervision of the Market Manager, the Sales Development Representative focuses on outreach, prospecting, and lead qualification to support Bossard’s growth strategy and create profitable sales growth with current and prospective accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Follow-up on inbound marketing leads and identify qualified opportunities providing appropriate levels of information at the right time to interested prospects.
- Educating and developing prospects before handing off to the sales teams.
- Create target prospects lists and penetrate key accounts.
- Cold call into prospects generated by variety of outside sources.
- Profile accounts to identify key players, researching and obtaining business requirements, and presenting solutions to begin sales cycle.
- Set appointments for sales teams when a lead reaches a qualified stage.
- Nurture new marketing leads by educating and developing prospects until they are ready to speak with an outside sales rep.
- Drive attendance for webinars and live seminars.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing team members on strategic sales approach
- Ensure successful follow through of sales cycle by maintaining accurate activity and lead qualification information in the CRM application.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Building Customer Relationships - Ensuring that the customer’s (internal or external) needs are met; building productive relationships with high priority customers; taking accountability for customer satisfaction and loyalty; using appropriate interpersonal techniques to prevent and resolve escalated customer complaints and regain customer confidence.
- Building Networks - Taking action to establish and maintain connections with people outside one's formal work group, including those outside the organization (e.g., peers, cross-functional partners, and vendors), who are willing and able to provide the information, ideas, expertise, and/or influence needed to achieve work goals.
- Communication - Conveying information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that helps them understand and retain the message; listening actively to others.
- Creating a Service Reputation - Crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs; responding quickly to resolve difficult customer situations and regain customer confidence.
- Customer Orientation - Placing a high priority on the (internal or external) customer's perspective when making decisions and taking action; implementing service practices that meet the customers' and own organization's needs.
Education and/or Experience
A Bachelor Degree with 1-3 years of customer relations experience is desired and /or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write reports & business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, employees of the organization, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate and percent. Ability to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram from. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have Intermediate knowledge of:
- Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Company Specific Programs
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Current valid driver’s license
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The Essential Duties and Responsibilities listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, and walk; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; and talk and hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally up to or over 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristic described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work conditions are that of a normal office setting. The noise level in the work environment can range from quiet to moderate.
6521 Production Dr
Cedar Falls, IA 50613