The Bossard Group is a leading global provider of product solutions and services in industrial fastening and assembly technology. More than 1 million items as well as proven expertise in technical consulting and inventory management distinguishes the Bossard Group.
At Bossard, we offer a range of opportunities to develop your career and apply and expand your skills and capabilities in a dynamic, international business environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist new business development teams with the research and qualification of customer leads acquired through a variety of channels (marketing/web leads, trade shows, customer meetings, incoming calls, etc.) that fall within targeted markets.
- Assist business development teams in managing lists of potential customers via follow-ups, prospecting, customer referrals, leads, trade shows and other innovative means of developing business.
- Coordinate with engineering and technical teams to identify opportunities and provide quotes on products and solutions.
- Analyze customer needs and interests to determine which products and services are appropriate by coordinating with Bossard technical and value-added services teams (ATE, SFL, K&A, SFA, CM)
- In collaboration with the sales team, prepare quotes using guidelines established for the proposal.
- Follow up on open quote status in conjunction with the sales team
- Coordinate with internal teams to ensure successful implementation of new business and transition from Outside Sales to account management teams
- Provide progress reports on business development activity and results
- Conduct and execute special pricing projects as required
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Adaptability – Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work with new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Building Trust – Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
- Energy – Consistently maintaining high levels of activity or productivity; sustaining long working hours when necessary; operating with vigour, effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time.
- Formal Presentation – Presenting ideas effectively to individuals or groups when given time to prepare; delivering presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
- Innovation – Generating innovative solutions in work situations; trying different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities.
- Negotiation – Effectively exploring alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Sales Ability/Persuasiveness - Obtaining information and identifying key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision; committing to a course of action to accomplish a long-range goal or vision after developing alternatives based on logical assumptions, facts, available resources, constraints, and organizational values.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
A Bachelor’s degree, 2-3 years experience in outside sales or equivalent combination of education and experience.