The Bossard Group is a leading global provider of product solutions and services in industrial fastening and assembly technology. More than 1 million items as well as proven expertise in technical consulting and inventory management distinguishes the Bossard Group.
At Bossard, we offer a range of opportunities to develop your career and apply and expand your skills and capabilities in a dynamic, international business environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Helps to ensure that accurate supplier rejection information is communicated to the supplier through management approved processes.
- Leads supplier audit program for Bossard North America with support from the Quality Manager incorporating the Bossard proprietary auditing criteria and techniques.
- Assists with the development of training material and conducts training sessions on Quality concepts.
- Developing and implementing supplier improvement programs for new and current Bossard suppliers.
- Provides the support required to successfully evaluate and resolve issues and bring to closure any supplier quality issues based on supplier non-conformances.
- Develop new and current suppliers to meet needs and quality capabilities of Bossard customers.
- Quality problem troubleshooting with suppliers’ processes and product non-conformities.
- Facilitate the follow thru of supplier’s corrective actions indicated by BNA approved auditor.
- Participates in evaluation and approval of new suppliers.
- Help develop new suppliers to adhere to Bossard audit qualifications, as well as perform audits.
- Integrate and collaborate collectively with other global Bossard unit resources to increase efficiencies.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Engineering, Quality, or another technical area, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to obtain American Society for Quality Certified Quality Auditor (ASQ CQA) certification preferred.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write reports & business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, employees of the organization, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate and percent. Ability to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram from. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have Intermediate knowledge of:
- Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to thoroughly understand ISO, ANSI, SAE, ASTM and similar industry standards and customer specifications.
- Ability to read and interpret fastener and related component drawings including geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T).
- Ability to thoroughly understand key fastener manufacturing, heat treatment, and finishing operations.
- Requires knowledge of current quality concepts, practices and procedures.
Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, and walk; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; and talk and hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally up to or over 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.