As a Supplier Development Specialist, you will work with directly with Suppliers by communicating part quality requirements and to continually improve our processes to increase efficiency within our Business. This will be completed through data collection and analysis, supplier training, risk evaluation, and the utilization of lean tools to reduce non-value added activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Communicate part quality requirements to Purchasing through the CRQ process by assigning the appropriate document packages and family inspection plans to PPAP parts ordered.
- Work with Suppliers to correct submitted Supplier PPAP documentation that is rejected by Quality Analysts.
- Collect data on supplier performance to prepare and present reports, including PPAP FPY and supplier performance metrics.
- Identify internal process improvement opportunities and drive change to improve PPAP FPY.
- Review, update, and implement work instructions to support process improvements.
- Review, update, and implement document packages and family inspection plans to support new customers, new parts, and process improvements.
- Support risk evaluation through the SRM system’s metrics and review the Supplier risk analysis during monthly MRB meetings.
- Contribute to supplier quality development for new and current suppliers; support Bossard in the selection, auditing, and development of selected suppliers.
- Interact with Sales, Purchasing, and Quality to drive supplier performance improvements.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Building Strategic Working Relationships – Developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Coaching - Providing timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/ skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
- Entrepreneurship - Advancing own understanding and sharing insight regarding key market drivers. Actively using that knowledge to create/seize business and customer focus opportunities and/or expand into new markets, products, or services.
- Energy – Consistently maintaining high levels of activity or productivity; sustaining long working hours when necessary; operating with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Upholds organizational values.
- Innovation - Generating innovative solutions in work situations; trying different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities
- Managing Work (includes Time Management) – Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Technical/professional Knowledge & Skills – having achieved a satisfactory level of technical & professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
Education and/or Experience
Associate’s Degree, or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write reports & business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, employees of the organization, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate and percent. Ability to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram from. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have Intermediate knowledge of:
- Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Company Specific Programs
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Current valid driver’s license
Other Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to define statistical techniques; must be able to determine what data to collect for a specific technique, how to apply it to various statistical methods, and how to analyze results.
- Must understand and be able to apply the elements of corrective and preventive actions, including root cause analysis, failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA), and the control of nonconforming material.
- Must be able to apply continuous improvement processes, must be able to apply problem solving tools; must be able to interpret information and data; must be able to apply team concepts both as a member and leader.
- Understand the need to be creative and truly believe in creativity before capital.
- Quickly formulate strategies, plans and corrective actions for improvement projects
- Coach Members and Leaders on change management activities around Lean transformation
- Listen, understand, and help guide team members to their own solutions. Don’t just give the answers away.
- Encourage an atmosphere of continuous improvement.
- Good communication skills with all levels of the organization will be a key to successfully building credibility and support.
- Focus on developing processes for improved and sustained results
- Challenge members to improve performance of key metrics by helping to develop root cause corrective actions, offering support or resources.
- Ability to understand Lean Concepts and the CI Process
Some travel may be required