Summary: The Transportation Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of inbound and outbound freight transportation needs domestically and internationally. This position is responsible for providing the shipment of products at a low cost while maintaining a high level of customer service and satisfaction. Coordinator must work well in a team environment meeting deadlines and handling multiple priorities. Must have experience with all types of documentation for domestic and international shipping.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Coordinate shipments both internationally and domestically to support the inbound and outbound requirements.
- Responsible for quoting, scheduling and pick up of shipments by transportation companies.
- Work with Sales and Operations to support the outbound shipments to customers.
- Arrange shipments of materials to and from outside suppliers for processing.
- Audit freight invoices and process to accounts payable.
- Handle shipments to and from our warehouse facilities.
- Work with service providers to resolve issues, shipment delays, and missed appointments.
- Coordinate with Purchasing and Sales on expedite shipments.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Decision Making - Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available fact, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Attention to Detail - Follows detailed procedures and ensures accuracy in documentation and data.
- Drive for Results - Demonstrates concern for achieving or surpassing results against an internal or external standard of excellence. Shows a passion for improving the delivery of services with a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Managing Conflict - Dealing effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Communication - Writes and speaks effectively, using conventions proper to the situation; states own opinions clearly and concisely.
- Planning and Organizing - Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Stress Tolerance - Maintaining stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics/Supply Chain or similar or minimum 7 years’ experience.
Professional Skills/ Experience
- Experience across broad business areas in such areas as Human Resources, Finance, Sourcing, Logistics and IT.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram from. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with customers or employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram from. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
Computer/System Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook and email.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of his job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to: stand; use hands to fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands & arms and stoop, kneel, or crouch and walk, talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to walk, talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50-75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust.
The work environment characteristic described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regular exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
6521 Production Dr
Cedar Falls, IA 50613